Terms and Conditions
Please read the following information carefully and the complete your name and date beneath prior to clicking SUBMIT
1. Bookings: will be confirmed upon completion of this form providing it has been signed and returned prior to the commencement date. For dog boarding and cat visits a 50% non-refundable deposit will be required to secure the booking. The outstanding balance is then to be paid on the first day of the boarding/sitting period. For dog walking; walks should be paid in cash prior to the walk.
2. Cancellations: WAG Pet Services requires 48 hours’ notice for any cancellation of dog walks. One weeks’ notice is required in order to terminate the dog walking contract. If such notice is not given WAG Pet Services will charge the client as if the walk(s) have taken place. For boarding purposes the whole period booked will be charged unless two weeks’ notice of cancellation is given. Money will not be refunded upon early return and late return will incur additional boarding charges and an inconvenience fee.
3. Only dogs from the same household will be boarded at any one time, however you give your permission for your dog to be boarded with another in the case of a diary overlap where one dog is due to go home and the next has come to stay. The dogs will remain separate in the house. The dog owner agrees to their dog (s) boarding with the resident West Highland Terrier. The dogs must be given the opportunity to meet before boarding commences and WAG Pet Services will keep a record of all socialisation meetings. Your dog will wear a WAG Pet Services identity tag for the duration of their stay with us.
4. The owner represents that the pet to be walked/visited/boarded is healthy, all immunisations are up to date, the pet has been fleaed and wormed and has not been exposed to any known communicable disease within the thirty-day period immediately prior to the commencement date of the pet service provided by WAG. There will be a charge to the pet owner should their pet be found to have fleas.
5. Veterinary proof of immunisations is necessary for both walking and boarding services and will be kept by WAG Pet Services for the duration of a dog’s stay with us. WAG Pet Services will refuse to board any dog without the immunisation record and the full cost of the dog’s stay will be charged.
6. Any damage made to the property of WAG Pet Services whilst the pet is in our care is the responsibility of the pet owner and they agree to cover all costs.
WAG Pet Services cannot be held responsible for any damage or loss of the owner’s property which is brought with/left with the pet.
7. Any expenses, which may have arisen due to unforeseen circumstances, should be paid for in cash before the dog (s) leaves our care.
8. The dog owner understands that due to the nature of dog play, walks and general dog interaction; minor cuts and scratches are not uncommon even with careful supervision. In the event the dog has inflicted a serious injury however, you understand and hereby represent that you, the dog owner is solely responsible for any harm caused by the dog while he/she is in the care of WAG Pet Services. WAG Pet Services cannot be held responsible for any loss, accident, injury or death caused to any animal whilst in our care.
9. WAG Pet Services will apply personal judgment and cut short a walk if necessary because of extreme weather conditions (i.e. heat, thunder storms etc.) for the safety of both the dogs and the walker and reserves the right to cancel a contract at any time with immediate effect if the dog does not respond well to the walker and/or other dogs.
10. WAG Pet Services cannot be held responsible for any unwanted pregnancies. Bitches in season are boarded/walked at the pet owner’s risk.
11. WAG Pet Services reserve the right to act in the best interests of the pet at all times this includes seeking veterinary advice if he/she becomes ill. We will contact you immediately should your pet become ill. If you cannot be contacted within a reasonable time or have chosen not to be contacted we reserve the right to seek appropriate and swift veterinary action and proceed with treatment regardless of costs, which you agree to cover. We will do everything needed for the pet as regards treatment, comfort and recovery. If euthanasia is absolutely necessary (determined by the vet) for whatever reason excluding behavioural (aggression) we will accept and act upon that vets advice. WAG Pet Services is registered with a 24 hour emergency vet: Aldgate Veterinary Practice, St John’s Place, Driffield, YO25 6QD.
12. In case of fire, dogs will be evacuated from the building by the nearest exit and be held in the garden, van or office space for their own safety.
13. Should your dog show aggressive tendencies towards the pet sitter, their family or resident dog or should its behaviour become uncontrollable or a nuisance beyond reasonable acceptance, you as the dog owner agree that he/she will be isolated in the house or placed in a Dog Boarding Kennel until your return and you agree to meet any additional costs that this will incur. (This is failing the ability of yourself or the emergency contact person to come and collect your dog).
14. WAG Pet Services will find a new home for any dog that is not collected 5 days after the agreed departure date if we cannot contact you. You agree to this and pay for all associated costs.
15. Your pet will be photographed during its time with us. These images may be used on our Website/Facebook pages etc. unless you specifically request us not to do so. Any such request should be noted on this contract.